The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the most popular educational board in India. The core objective of this board is to offer comprehensive education to students and ensure their mental and physical growth. The board gained popularity due to its detailed syllabus and aptly designed examination and assessment formats. CBSE board has been increasing its global presence and affiliation with nearly 240 foreign schools in 28 different countries in addition to the 27,000 CBSE-affiliated schools in India. oswal.io offers online preparation assistance to CBSE students in classes 9, 10, and 12.
An Introduction to CBSE
CBSE is a national-level board that is run and managed by the Government of India. It offers a syllabus and management framework to government and private schools in India and other countries. It offers academic subjects in over 40 different languages including English, Hindi, numerous Indian regional languages, Arabic, Spanish, French, German, and so on. All government-run schools in Delhi are affiliated with CBSE. Additionally, it affiliates all Kendriya Vidyalayas, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, and many schools approved by the Central Government of India. Due to its increasing popularity, many private schools have also opted to affiliate with CBSE.
In the pursuit of achieving excellent exam results, parents and students are leaving no stone unturned. They are focused on securing admissions in top-notch schools, utilizing reference books to deepen their subject knowledge, and preparing extensively for the CBSE Board exam. In this competitive landscape, oswal.io offers a meticulously designed online exam preparation module catering to CBSE Board exams.
Important Highlights of CBSE Board
Here are some important highlights of the CBSE Board of Education:
- The CBSE Board has a centralized education system. This helps maintain uniformity across students in the country
- CBSE exam board result and certificate is recognized by colleges and academic institutes across the country and in various foreign countries too
- Along with education, the board promotes physical activities and skill development too
- The syllabus of the CBSE Board is compact and meticulously designed making it easier than various other private boards
- The syllabus of most medical and engineering entrance exams aligns closely with the CBSE Board pattern making it relatively easier for students to prepare for these entrance exams
- The board has launched an online education platform and offers quality study materials and guidance from expert teachers taking education to remote corners of the country
- The CBSE Board has decided to migrate to a new pedagogical structure per the New Education Policy (NEP) 2020 recommendations. It will now follow the 5+3+3+4 structure replacing the current 10+2 structure. This new structure includes:
- Foundational stage: Students aged 3 to 8;
- Preparatory stage: Students ingrades 3 to 5;
- Intermediate stage: Students in grades 6 to 8; and
- Secondary stage: Students in grades 9 to 12
CBSE Board Class 10 Exam
The CBSE conducts the CBSE Class 10 exams annually, using a pen-and-paper mode of examination for students in Class 10. To be eligible for these board exams, students must have cleared their Class 9 exams from a recognized education board and completed one year of study in Class 10. CBSE Board Class 10 marks a significant stage in a student's learning journey as it is their first experience with board examinations. The concepts learned during this stage will not only assist the students in tackling everyday challenges but also benefit them in future studies. Thus, their focus should be on developing a strong conceptual understanding, which will serve as a sturdy foundation for their future endeavors.
CBSE Exam Pattern
The 2023 CBSE Board exam pattern for Class 10 is as follows:
- In Language 1, Language 2, Science, Mathematics, and Social Sciences, the board examination would be for 80 marks each. Students will have to score a minimum of 33% marks in each subject to pass.
- The remaining 20 marks will be earmarked for internal assessment. These marks will be divided into three parts:
- Periodic Test (10 marks): In every academic year, students will have to take three periodic tests. The teachers will take the average of the best two scores for awarding marks out of 10.
- Notebook Submission (5 marks): Students will be awarded marks based on how regularly they submit the assignments, whether they complete them on time, and how they maintain the notebook.
- Subject Enrichment Activity (5 marks): These marks will be based on the following criteria:
- Language 1: Speaking and listening skills
- Language 2: Speaking and listening skills
- Science: Lab work
- Mathematics: Maths Lab work
- Social Sciences: Map work and Project work
CBSE Board Grading System
The result for CBSE Board includes grades given to students instead of marks. It follows a 9-point grading system as described below:
1. CBSE Board Grading System for Primary Classes
The CBSE exam board grading system for students from Class 1 to 5 is as follows:
2. CBSE Secondary School Grading System
The CBSE Board grading system for students from Class 6 and above is as follows:
CBSE Board Exam Syllabus and Important Questions
The students of the twenty-first century are more aware, informed, and proactive with their studies. Hence, they analyze the syllabus and create a study plan based on their strengths and weaknesses. This allows them to prepare strategically and revise before the final exam. Here is a list of the CBSE Board exam 2023 syllabus and important questions for your ready reference:
Oswal gives you the Competitive Edge
Here are the benefits offered by oswal.io giving you the edge over your competitors:
- Bank of 80,000+ questions across 8 question types
- Customizable tests based on subject, chapter, question type, and difficulty level
- Answers evaluated by Subject Matter Experts
- In-depth performance reports for analysis and score improvement
- Enhance subject understanding and improve exam board results (CBSE, ICSE, ISC)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can students choose their preferred subjects in the CBSE Board?
Yes, the CBSE Board provides students with the flexibility to choose subjects based on their interests and career aspirations. However, the availability of subjects may vary from school to school.
Q2. What is Scheme 1 and Scheme 2 to appear in SA II in class 10?
- Scheme-1: For students who prefer to continue within the CBSE system after Class X, this option allows them to pursue their higher secondary education within CBSE-affiliated institutions, schools, or junior colleges. Students can seamlessly transition to the next level while staying within the familiar framework of the CBSE curriculum and examination system.
- Scheme-2: For students who have the intention of leaving the CBSE Board after Class X and aspire to join institutions, schools, or junior colleges affiliated with other educational boards, this alternative provides the flexibility to do so. They can explore opportunities outside of CBSE by enrolling in institutions that follow different board affiliations. This scheme allows students to adapt to new curricula and examination patterns, opening up avenues for diverse educational experiences beyond the CBSE system.
Q3. Can CBSE Board students pursue international education?
Yes, CBSE is recognized internationally, and students can pursue higher education in foreign universities based on their CBSE qualifications. However, the specific admission requirements of each university may vary.
Q4. How can oswal.io help my child?
oswal.io offers online exam preparation assistance to students. With a range of practice questions and test papers, students can prepare for their board exams in a structured manner.